Within easy reach of Europe, Lanzarote is the perfect short-haul get away for all-year-round sunshine and is the perfect place to top up your all-over-tan.
Lanzarote is the northernmost Canary Island with stunning and unique volcanic landscapes and beautiful beaches. Owing to its beautiful weather and climate, Lanzarote is often called the Island of Eternal Spring
Temperatures range between highs of 29 degrees Celsius in August and 21 degrees Celsius in January. Average daily sunshine hours range between 10 hours in the summer months to 7 hours in the winter months.
What to see and do:
- Timanfaya National Park: This is Lanzarote’s most popular tourist attraction and is a beautiful area where you can explore the islands volcanic history.
- Jameos del Agua: This is a must see when visiting Lanzarote, exploring the beautiful caves and white pool.
- Cueva de los Verdes: Visit the beautiful underground wonders of Lanzarote – wait for the special surprise at the end of the tour.
- Mirador Del Rio: Located on the northernmost part of the island and located high up on an escarpment, this is an architectural wonder and offers amazing panoramic views and a beautiful view of La Graciosa
The best beaches:
There are some beautiful hidden gems in Lanzarote, so here we share the best beaches off the beaten track for those who like the quiet away from the crowds and enjoy getting that all-over-tan:
- Playa de Papagayo: located in the south of the island near to Playa Blanca, this is a natural parc with a number of different beaches. Whist naturism is generally accepted on all beaches, Playa del Congrio, Playa Las Mujeres and Playa del Pozo are most commonly suited for naturists.
- Playa Guasimeta: if you can’t wait to get the the beach, then Playa Guasimeta is just next to the airport in Arrecife.
- Charco del Palo: this is a naturist village on the eastern coast, it doesn’t have beaches per se rather rocky pools.
- Famara Beach: this is an amazing wild beach popular for surfers – the area away from the parking areas are used by naturists.
- Orzola: In the north of the island visit Mojon Blanco, Caleton Blanco and Charco de la Laja.
Where to stay:
Villa Sandra: Villa Sandra is a unique villa that offers her guests a special experience. Decorated with the most modern exclusive furniture and features. Villa Sandra will sleep 6 adults, but we suggest to use it with 5 persons for the 5-star feeling. Book Now.
Villa Perla Armour: Villa Perla Amour is a unique villa that offers her guests a special experience. Decorated with the most modern exclusive furniture and features. Villa Perla Amour will sleep 8 adults in great comfort. Book Now.
There are many private and secluded accommodation options with the best selection listed on Secluded Escapes (www.secludedescapes.com).